Author Notes: Since I am from Kentucky, it is my lot in life to love bourbon. Combining bourbon with sugar and chocolate - makes my heart go thump thump. You won't be able to keep friends away from these chocolate morsels! - acarterw
Serves a crowd
- 1/8 pound Butter
- 1 pound Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup Makers Mark Bourbon
- 1/2 pound Pecan Halves
- Cream butter, powdered sugar and Makers Mark together in a standing mixer.
- Let mixture stand in refrigerator for 3 hours, or until hardened.
- Once cooled, roll into small 1 inch balls and press pecan halves on either side. Set aside on wax paper.
- 1 pound Bakers Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Melt together over double boiler at low temperature. The chocolate will melt nicely if you break it into smaller pieces before putting it in the double boiler.
- Once the chocolate is melted, dip bourbon balls in chocolate one at a time. You want your bourbon ball to be completely covered in the chocolate.
- Set ball back on wax paper until chocolate is firm.
- Store in refrigerator. Can be made in advance.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish