If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I bake this every year for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is a rather rich dish, so it is best saved for the fall and winter months. —BGCook
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into1/4 inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups creme fraiche
- 3 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated
- 3 ounces Swiss chesse, grated
- fleur de sel
- Freshly ground pepepr
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Generously butter 13x9x2-inch glass dish. Arrange half of potato slices in bottom of prepared dish, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle generously with fleur de sel and freshly group pepper. Spread half of crème fraîche over potatoes and sprinkle with half of cheese mixture. Repeat with the remaingin potatoes, salt and pepper, crème fraîche, and cheese mixutre.
- Bake gratin uncovered 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Continue to bake gratin until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown, about 45 minutes. If it is browning too quickly, cover with foil for the remaining baking time. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Gratin
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.