If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe captures the flavors of Peking Duck in an easy-to-make appetizer. These tasty, crispy little bites make great finger food and are always the first to disappear when my husband and I serve them at a party. —leigh frat
- 1 packet wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- 1 package chicken thighs bone in
- 1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dashi
- 1 tablespoon Sake
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 cup Poaching liquid
- 1 splash Sriracha
- 1 bunch Scallions finely chopped (plus three whole scallions)
- 1 Seedless cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 piece Ginger
- To make wonton cups: Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from package and stack. Lightly brush a salad plate with oil. Place one wrapper on plate and brush the top. Add another wrapper and do the same. Continue until all of the wrappers have been oiled. Put 1 wonton into cup of a muffin pan, pressing it gently into bottom and side to form a cup. Repeat with remaining won tons and sprinkle with salt to taste. Bake wonton cups in middle of oven until crisp and golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer wonton cups to racks to cool
- To poach chicken thighs: Fill pot with enough water that it will cover chicken. Add three slices of ginger, 3 scallions, 1 tbs. soy sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Add chicken. Poached gently for 25 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken and cool. Reserve ¼ cup liquid. When cool enough to handle removed chicken from bone. Discard bones and skin. Shred or chop chicken into bite size pieces.
- Mix hoisin, soy sauce, dashi, sugar, sake, and sesame oil. Place chicken in large bowl and add sauce. You may need to add some poaching liquid to sauce depending on how thick the sauce is. Mix and adjust for salt and pepper if necessary.
- Place about 1 tbs. of chicken into each cup. Add cucumber and scallion. Serve.
The Key to Okonomiyaki
Meet your new favorite Japanese dish
Your new favorite Japanese dish.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
You haven't thai'd this before.
A better basket.