If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made it up~ Anything, can be added to or substituted in this recipe. It is fool proof. I have made savory ones, with seasonal vegetables, and hearty ones with ground meats and tomatoes. —jane_perry
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 1/2 cups Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (ground)
- 8 cups cubed bread
- 3 cups milk
- 9 farm eggs (large)
- 8 pieces Black Forest Ham (thinly sliced)
- Butter a 3 Qt Baking dish liberally.
- Start layering the strata with 1/3 of the bread.
- Pour over 1/3 Maple Syrup.
- Sprinkle with a third of the cinnamon, sprinkle with cherries.
- Cover layer with 1/2 of the Black Forest Ham.(No ham on top layer). Repeat twice, with remaining ingredients. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, salt and pepper. Pour over strata. Tap bowl on counter to lift any air bubbles.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until eggs are set. Remove from oven, and allow to rest for 10 minutes~it will continue to cook a bit during this time.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
The Key to Okonomiyaki
Meet your new favorite Japanese dish
Your new favorite Japanese dish.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
You haven't thai'd this before.
A better basket.