If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've tried an appetizer that has blue cheese and roasted garlic, and I thought "why not add that to a gratin?" With the added kick from bacon, this gratin is the ultimate comfort food. - Loves Food Loves to Eat
- 1 Head Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Slices Bacon
- 1 cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 3 Russet Potatoes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- For Garlic: 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. 2. Peel off outer layers of the garlic bulb skin, while still leaving the head of garlic intact and whole. Cut off the top of cloves. 3. Place garlic head in a ramekin or small baking dish, allowing it to stand upright 4. Drizzle 2 teaspoons of olive oil over garlic, Cover with aluminum foil. 5. Bake at 400°F for 35 minute 6. Cool to room temperature, squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins, mash with a fork.
- For the Potatoes: 1. Preheat oven to 400°F 2. Fry bacon, cool, and dice 3. Peel potatoes, and slice thinly 4. Butter gratin dish (8x8 glass baking dish will work) 5. In baking dish, place one layer of potato slices, sprinkle with 1/3rd blue cheese, 1/3rd bacon, 1/3rd mashed garlic, 1 tbsp flour, dot with 1/3rd butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper 6. Repeat with remaining potatoes, cheese, bacon, flour, butter, and garlic. 7. Pour 1 ½ cups half n half over top 8. Cover with foil 9. Bake at 400°F for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 20-30 more minutes. 10. Let gratin set for 10 minutes before eating. 11. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Gratin