If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by a local Armenian-Mediteranean Cafe that sadly no longer exists. It was there I had my first "Baby Dutch Boy" also known as "Dutch Babies". Theirs was made with Blueberries but I have adapted my recipe to include Morello Cherries as well. For those not familiar a ' Dutch Boy" is a cross between a custard, soufle, pancake, and omelet, that is oven baked. My version takes it one step further to bake and serve in individual ramekins vs the more common 9 inch baking dish ...that way everyone gets their own "Dutch Baby"...with the final touch of a drizzle of maple syrup and sprinkle of powdered sugar....making this both a sweet and savory dish perfect for holidays and special occasions which will dazzle your guests.. —micki barzilay
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup blueberries ( fresh when possible preferred)
- 1 cup cherries ( Trader Joe's Morello's in jars and pitted preferred)
- maple syrup drizzled for finish
- powdered sugar sprinkled for garnish
- Melt butter in 350 degree oven in 6 individual medium ramekins Combine eggs, milk, flour and sugar in blender. Pour into ramekins , add in blueberries ( fresh are best, but frozen can be used but be sure to drain liquid completely )and cherries ( I prefer the jarred pitted Morello's which you can get at Trader Joe's) . Bake in 350 degree oven 15-20 minutes. - you'll know they are done when the texture is a cross between a soufle , custard, and an omelet golden and cooked through but with the fruit fusing together it should still have a juicy appearance. Remove from oven , and garnish with some added uncooked fruit for color an texture if you wish along with maple syrup and powdered sugar . Serve hot out of the oven..
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.