Author Notes: Healthy home-made sweets are never as delightfully delicious as things made from refined white flour, refined sugar and butter. At least that was what I believed, until last week when I took a bite of my friend’s pancake. It was so surprisingly good, that I had to get her recipe. Though, after a few unsuccessful unfluffy tries, the recipe has been revised a little bit. It’s now our weekend breakfast, every week. - FrancesRenHuang
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooked oats in buttermilk, soak for 5 minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or milk+ 1/2 tbsp of lemon, set aside for 10 minutes)
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- Gently fold everything together except for chocolate chips.
- Drop it into the preheated pan and sprinkle a few chocolate chips onto the batter; cook for a few minutes until set at the edges, flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with butter and syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast