If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: During the holidays, I usually have a bigger crowd to cook for at dinner, so I try to keep breakfast easy but still a bit more special than normal. This recipe is easy to prepare, just needs to be popped in the oven in the morning, and there's not much cleanup afterwards. Plus, I love any combination of jam, eggs, and boursin. - VanessaS
- 1 20 inch baguette
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons raspberry jam
- 1/2 a round of boursin cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Slice 14 1 inch rounds off of baguette. Slice each individual round almost all the way through and spread 1 teaspoon of jam inside each piece. Arrange baguette slices in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix boursin and eggs, then add milk. Don't worry if you can't get all of the lumps out - it will melt eventually. Pour mixture over bread, cover, and place in refrigerator until liquid is absorbed, at least overnight and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. When over is hot, bake french toast for 25 minutes until golden brown and serve with raspberry syrup, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
Freeze It Right There
A fruity, frozen spin on a classic.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Plan a genius dinner party: part one.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
A trusty trivet.