Author Notes: During the holidays, I usually have a bigger crowd to cook for at dinner, so I try to keep breakfast easy but still a bit more special than normal. This recipe is easy to prepare, just needs to be popped in the oven in the morning, and there's not much cleanup afterwards. Plus, I love any combination of jam, eggs, and boursin. - VanessaS
- 1 20 inch baguette
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons raspberry jam
- 1/2 a round of boursin cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- Slice 14 1 inch rounds off of baguette. Slice each individual round almost all the way through and spread 1 teaspoon of jam inside each piece. Arrange baguette slices in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix boursin and eggs, then add milk. Don't worry if you can't get all of the lumps out - it will melt eventually. Pour mixture over bread, cover, and place in refrigerator until liquid is absorbed, at least overnight and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. When over is hot, bake french toast for 25 minutes until golden brown and serve with raspberry syrup, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast