If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In an effort to please gluten free friends we started making frittatas. One day we were out of white potatoes so I used sweet potatoes instead and the result was pretty divine. - lindasetchell
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 - 1 cups milk or half n' half
- 4-6 ounces goat cheese
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 large sweet potato or yam
- 4 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 bunch spinach - washed & destemmed
- 1 teaspoon salt (or less depending on taste)
- 1 dash black pepper
- Peel sweet potato and slice into quarter inch thick rounds.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil in the bottom of a large cast iron skillet. Once oil/butter is warm cover bottom of skillet with one layer of sweet potato rounds. Let cook for 4-5 min.
- Meanwhile chop shallot and saute in remaining 2 tablespoons of butter/olive oil in separate pan.
- Turn off sweet potatoes (no need to turn - they cook fast).
- Whisk eggs together and then whisk in milk or half n' half, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Wash and de-stem one bunch of spinach or one package of baby spinach. Make sure to remove the stems to avoid stringiness.
- Pour egg mixture into pan with sweet potatoes, add shallots next, spinach and finally chunks of goat cheese evenly distributed. Cook for two minutes on the stove-top on medium heat.
- Transfer to broiler and cook for another 2 - 2 1/2 minutes or until eggs puff. Remove from oven, let cool 5 minutes and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast