If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by a Sunset Magazine recipe that's probably 30 years old, this has been Christmas Day breakfast since I was born. It's easy yet celebratory -- at my house, we go through our stockings while it's in the oven. It puffs up beautifully, and the cornmeal adds irresistable crunch. - mg2157
- 8 good quality link sausages
- 2 large Golden Delicious apples
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- warm maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425. Peel and core apples and slice into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In large saute pan with oven-proof handle, brown sausages on all sides over medium-high heat. Transfer sausages to plate.
- In same pan, melt butter, then add apple slices, cooking 3-4 minutes until apples are soft but are not falling apart. Remove from heat and arrange sausage links in spoke pattern around fruit.
- In a blender or food processor, combine milk, flour and eggs and blend until smooth. Pour egg mixture over sausage and eggs.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then sprinkle cornmeal over the top and bake for another 10 minutes until egg is set and top is lightly browned.
- Cut into pie-shaped wedges and serve with warm maple syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast