If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Along the lines of Sweet Potato fries, I bring to you Sweet Potato Bakes. A healthier and -in my opinion- tastier branch-off of these awesome spudniks. Seasoning the taters with Garam Masala (which can easily be found at Whole Foods and the like) adds a touch of Indian deliciousness to these bad boys. —NicoleQ23
- 1-2 sweet potato(es)
- Garam Masala to taste
- Brown Sugar
- kosher salt
- Dash cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- Slice the potatoes to desired thickness. Oh, and dont forget to set the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a plastic bag (I use the kind you put fruit in at the grocery store) combine oil and spices.
- Toss the taters in the bag until they look like they're covered in a lot of delicious stuff.
- Place foil on baking sheet and spray with non-stick spray, or use a little oil and spread it around. Then lay your tater strips out so everybody has got a little room to breathe, and stick those bad boys in the oven.
- Check em out. I'd say in Colorado it takes about twenty minutes to get these guys good and soft. Once they're starting to brown and soft all the way through, take them out of the oven to cool.
- Set the oven to broil. This, my friends, is the crucial step in convincing the world that frying shall bow down to thy oven. , Once taters are cool, sprinkle with more brown sugar, then into the broiling area they shall go.
- You must watch carefully. When the ends and edges start to blacken on one side, mix those guys up to blacken a bit on the other side.
- Pop those babies out of that oven, let em cool for a two minutes exactly. Not one second more or less, and then, if you are a mustardaholic like myself, dunk these guys in a fancy mustard to top off that rich flavor.
- Write a thank you message to me. And I will give you an e-hug <3
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
We've got the (summer) blues.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
Have a ball (jar).