If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love munching Da Pizza, this recipe idea is memorable, tasty fun for kids from 1 to 92 on Christmas morning while gifts are being torn open and new gadgets are being put together...and in fact, it is delicious fun for variety of breakfast occasions! —lapadia
- DOUGH: can be made the night before and refrigerated. Remove 2 hours before working with it the next morning.
- 2-1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 packet rapid rise yeast
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons room temperature water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil – optional
- TOPPINGS - use the cheese of your choice or the following suggestions:
- 1/2 lb low-moisture Mozzarella sliced paper thin
- 4-5 large garlic cloves, smashed and finely diced
- 2 large Roma tomatoes sliced paper thin
- Optional - 1/2 cup finely diced prosciutto or crumbled bacon
- 8 eggs each cracked into its own small ramekin – refrigerate until needed (NOTE this is the way I like to prep, but it is optional)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed between your fingers, or herb of choice
- Pecorino cheese micro plane grated
- Olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add the water and olive oil, stir until soft dough forms (if the dough is too dry add extra water a tablespoon at a time).
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead, adding more flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic – about 10 minutes.
- Lightly coat a large bowl with oil, place the dough in the bowl, turning it to oil the top. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in a warm, draft-free place and let rise until doubled, 1-1/2 hours.
- Oil a 15 x 10 x 1 inch jelly roll pan. Punch the dough down and place in the center of the pan, stretch and flatten it out as far as you can. Cover it with plastic warp and let it rise for about 1 hour or until puffy and nearly doubled.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- With your fingertips, press the dough to make dimples all over the surface, leaving a 1/2 inch border all around.
- Drizzle with olive oil and scatter the garlic. Scatter some pecorino. Arrange slices of mozzarella on top. Arrange slices of tomato.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the pizza from the oven, with the back of a spoon, make indentations for the eggs. Carefully place an egg in each indentation. Optional: Scatter the prosciutto or crumbled bacon.
- Bake until the crust is golden and the egg yolks are cooked. Remove from the oven add fresh ground pepper, a sprinkle of oregano or herb of choice and pecorino. Let cool for 3-5 minutes, remove to a rack. Slice and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast II
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
Tomatoes! Peaches! Strawberries!
Our favorite #F52farmstands.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.