If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I can't make an omelet. I try to fold those little babies up, and they always come out looking like scrambled eggs with the fillings gushing out everywhere. So when I discovered frittatas, I said a not-so-fond farewell to omelets in favor of a much easier, and tastier, dish. I make them with whatever I've got handy, but this one is one of my favorites for a holiday breakfast or brunch. I find the chorizo, cheese and salsa add all the seasoning I need, but feel free to add peppers and other hot stuff to fit your taste! - Kayb
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and diced
- canola oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2-3 links Mexican chorizo
- 1 cup grated co-jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup your favorite salsa
- 1 avocado, diced
- sour cream
- black olives
- In a 10-inch ovenproof omelette pan, fry potatos in canola oil over medium high heat until brown on outside. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Remove chorizo (this should be fresh Mexican chorizo,not the cured Spanish kind) from casings and brown in same pan, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon or spatula. Remove and drain. Wipe out pan.
- Add a little more oil to pan and lower heat to medium. Turn oven on broil. Beat eggs with half-and-half and goat cheese. Pour into pan and allow to cook until starting to set on bottom.
- Sprinkle potatos, sausage, black beans and half of cheese over egg mixture. With a spatula, lift up set edges of frittata and allow liquid to run underneath. Do this all around the edge of the pan.
- When no more liquid will drain off the top, move pan to oven and broil until center is set and starting to brown. Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Top with avocado and cheese.
- Cut in wedges and serve with salsa, sour cream and black olives to garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls