If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When time is short, this is the quickest and easiest and really healthy salad that I can think of, without compromising with good presentation.
Well… quick because I always have toasted seeds in jars but if you don’t, use them untoasted.
I also cook the couscous differently from most recipes I see but I find I get a very fluffy couscous, rather then lumpy but feel free to cook it your way!
Good with just some olive oil and lemon juice, or spiced up with some fresh ginger vinaigrette.
- Maria Teresa Jorge
- 2 cups Coucous
- 2 cups bboiling water
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Sumac
- 1/3 cup dry cranberries
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin kernels
- 1 tablespoon toasted white Sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted black Sesame seeds
- 1 bunch fresh rocket
- Put the uncooked couscous in a tray big enough where the couscous is in a single thin layer. Add thin salt and the olive oil and mix well with your hands to have all the uncooked couscous all covered in olive oil and the salt is well distributed.
- Add the boiling water, stir with a fork making sure all the couscous is wet, cover with an aluminium foil and leave unstirred for 5 minutes.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and while still warm add the turmeric and mix very well to have the couscous all nice and yellow.
- Add 2/3 of the dry cranberries and stir to combine.
- Allow to cool to room temperature. Add the Sumac, 2/3 of all the seeds and mix everything, fluffing the couscous with a fork rather then mixing.
- Put in a serving dish, add the rocket on top, the remaining seeds, sprinkle with the remaining cranberries and serve with a vinaigrette.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Bake yourself breakfast.
Calling all recipe testers!