If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These luscious rolls have become a family favorite for breakfast on cold winter mornings. Serve with strong french press coffee and refreshing citrus salad for a hearty start to the day. —DolcettoConfections
Makes 16 rolls
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons SAF Red instant yeast
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons table salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 9 ounces (18 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- Egg wash, prepared with one egg and a splash of water
- Fleur de Sel
- Combine flour, yeast, and sugar in bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment. With mixer on low speed, sprinkle salt over flour mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, to dry ingredients, followed by the milk.
- Switch to dough hook attachment. With mixer on medium speed, add butter to dough, a few pieces at a time, allowing previous addition to fully incorporate before adding more.
- When all butter has been fully incorporated, increase speed to high. Knead until dough forms into a silky ball, about 15 to 20 minutes. [Note: be sure to keep an eye on your mixer during this time, as you may need to steady it with your hand.]
- Transfer dough to bowl prepared with melted butter. Turn dough to fully coat. Tightly cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator. After a few hours, degas dough, recover with plastic wrap, and return to refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, remove dough from refrigerator. Portion dough into 16 rolls, about 2 ounces each. Place rolls on baking sheets prepared with parchment, leaving plenty of space between each roll. Cover rolls with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm, draft-free area until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. When rolls have doubled in volume, lightly brush tops with egg wash and sprinkle with fleur de sel. Bake until well risen and golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slighlty before serving.
- Serve rolls with an arrangement of butter and jams. Nutella is also a luscious accompaniment to the brioche.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.