If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am not always good at getting myself to prepare breakfast the night before, at least not if I wait until after dinner to do so. This recipe, however, makes it all worthwhile. YUM! I think that the flavors are so great, it needs no syrup or topping. Gilding the lily and all that stuff. See for yourself. You can always make the sauce or use syrup. You want your guests, loved one, or both, to see the bread when it comes out of the oven all puffed and inviting. Sit down, dive in, and enjoy! - bella s.f.
Serves we've served 4. some might think that that is indulgent, and stretch it to 6.
The Orange French Toast
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated orange zest
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- pinch of salt
- 8- 1" thick slices cinnamon swirl challah (or regular)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the orange zest, orange juice, sugar, vanilla, Grand Marnier, eggs, half & half, and the salt. Arrange the bread slices in glass baking dishes. Pour the liquid mixture over the bread, turning to coat. Chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400. Butter baking sheets. Using a slotted spatula, arrange the bread in one layer, leaving at least 2" between slices. Bake in the middle of the oven for 5 minutes. Rotate pans and bake 5 more minutes. Turn the bread over and baked 5 minutes. Rotate the pans and bake till the bread is puffed and golden, about 5 minutes more.
Orange Butter Sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 - 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- In a small saucepan cook ingredients over a low heat. Stir till butter is melted. Pour over the French Toast, or use to dip your forkfulls into.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.