If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These pancakes were the only highlight of a truly dreadful business trip to San Francisco. I spent most of that trip stuck in my hotel room working on my outdated laptop using a dial-up internet connection to fix a royal mess created by a few of my employees back in New York. I ate these pancakes three days in a row, and they were the main reason I got out of bed each morning. —katylua
Makes 12 three-inch pancakes
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, stir together the egg yolks, flour, ricotta, butter, sugar, salt and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Gently fold the whipped egg whites into the egg yolk batter. There should be small pieces of egg white showing when mixed.
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium heat. Grease lightly.
- Spoon out approximately 3 large tablespoons of batter for each pancake. Cook slowly for about 1.5 minutes, then turn the pancake over and cook for 30 seconds.
- Keep the pancakes warm in a 250 degree (F) oven until ready to serve.
- Serve with raspberry syrup and fresh raspberries.
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine corn syrup and raspberries in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for five minutes, and remove from heat.
- Allow to cool, then add lemon juice.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer, pushing hard to remove the seeds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews is the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
How to keep shelves tidy.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Get your shine on.