If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pulling out some of the key flavors of a Panettone, namely the raisins, candied citron and lemon peel, I gave my basic pancake recipe a holiday flavor. A little cinnamon ups the holiday ante, yet some clove or cardamom would also be welcome additions. - raisedbycoffee —raisedbycoffee
Food52 Review: These were very good and a nice tribute to traditional panettone. They cooked a little hot on my very average stovetop— I’d keep the heat at no more than medium. We don’t have much in the way of sweet teeth and so we just topped them with butter and enjoyed them. —jstew52
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 3/4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons candied citron or orange, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until well mixed. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, butter and eggs. Add liquid ingredients quickly to flour mixture and combine, but do not overbeat. Finally, mix in raisins, citron, and lemon zest until well incorporated into mixture.
- Heat and lightly butter a skillet or pan over medium high heat. Gently stir the batter before each pancake to evenly distribute the fruit that may have sunk to the bottom of the bowl. Add about 1/3 cup of batter to skillet and flip pancakes when edges look cooked and center begins to bubble.
- Remove pancakes and keep pancakes warm in oven until all are ready to serve.
- Pancakes can be served with maple syrup, but to sustain the seasonal sentiment, top with honey and sauteed pears or apples.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.