Author Notes: A delicious Christmas time treat! - mommiecooks
- 5 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Water
- 21/4 cups Brown sugar
- 1 cup Pistachios
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- 3/4 teaspoons Salt
- 3/4 teaspoons Vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2/14 teaspoons Water
- Take 2 tbsp of your butter and grease up a 12x18 inch pan generously.
- Grab a small sauce pan and add to it your syrup, the 3 cups of water and the brown sugar. Attach a candy thermometer and start to boil the mixture.
- When the mixture hits 275 degrees, add in the remaining 5 tbsp of butter and let it melt in.
- Mix together the salt, vanilla, baking soda, and the 21/4 tsp of water. Once the brittle hits 300 degrees, turn the heat off and stir in the mixture quickly. Add in your pistachios and cranberries and stir them in.
- Now you'll spread your mixture out across your pan and allow it to cool completely.
- Once the brittle is completely cooled, break it into rough pieces and store in an airtight container.