If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This came from my husband's grandmother and was passed on by my mother-in-law. When Granny Cox made them they made me fully understand "melt in your mouth". —fro316
Serves 3 dozen
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Scald milk and melt butter in the milk. Set aside to cool.
- combine water, yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar, stir and let sit until foamy.
- Mix together all ingredients (it will not seem like bread dough).
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours. Form into rolls and let rise 3 hours. This dough will keep in the refrigerator for 10 days. I often use just part of the dough and then have fresh rolls again another day.
- Bake at 375 degrees until golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner Rolls
Food Blog Links We Love
All the colors of the summer
Food blog links we love.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Are marinades worth it?
Have a ball (jar).