If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from a Mennonite Cookbook from the 1970's, these moist and yeasty rolls have become a family favorite. —Laurelwood Kitchen
Serves 2 dozen rolls
- 2 packets dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups cottage cheese - heated to luke warm
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 - 5 cups bread flour
- in small bowl, combine yeast and warm water
- In large bowl, combine yeast mixture and all remaining ingredients except flour and stir until well combined
- Slowly mix in flour....stirring with wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball.
- Turn dough onto floured surface and knead 5 minutes.
- Place dough in greased bowl, turning once. Cover and allow to rise until doubled.....about 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down. Form into 24 equally-sized pieces and shape into balls.
- Place balls in 2 greased 9" round cake pans.
- Cover and allow to rise 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner Rolls
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
It's in the bag.