If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Learned it from my sister-in-law, and it's now a family favorite! —lkshanken
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound assorted mushroonms, white, cimini, shitake, porcini all mixed
- 3 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- Chop half of the mixed mushrooms finely while slicing the other half of the mushrooms.
- In large dutch oven, melt the butter and the oil together over medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic, and mushrooms, and raise the heat to medium high. Saute until the liquid evaporates and the mixture is like a "mush."
- Lower heat again to medium, and add the sherry. Stir occasionally and cook until the sherry evaporates.
- Add the flour and stiry, cooking about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, and raise heat to bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream and chives, and cook an additional 3 minutes to be sure every thing is heated through.
- Turn off heat, add milk, and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushroom Soup
You Haven't Thai'd This
Thai iced tea is great, but this dessert is better
You haven't thai'd this before.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Italian soda is can-do.
A better basket.