Author Notes: This dish is incredibly addicting. I do not say this lightly. I have had guests fall in love over it; wrongfully convicted people celebrate their freedom over it; and I've been the subject of mass mailings to demand the recipe. It is simple, but absolutely delicious. Serve it on toasted baguette rounds and stand back! - tulueats
- 3 pints of ripe cherry tomatoes
- 3 small logs of goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 bunch fresh basil, julienned
- 4 tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large clove of garlic, pressed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 baguette, sliced into rounds and toasted
- Slice each cherry tomato into quarters and put into a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pressed garlic, salt and pepper. Add basil.
- Pour vinaigrette over tomatoes and fold in goat cheese.
- Serve with toasted baguette rounds
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish