If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is incredibly addicting. I do not say this lightly. I have had guests fall in love over it; wrongfully convicted people celebrate their freedom over it; and I've been the subject of mass mailings to demand the recipe. It is simple, but absolutely delicious. Serve it on toasted baguette rounds and stand back! —tulueats
- 3 pints of ripe cherry tomatoes
- 3 small logs of goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 bunch fresh basil, julienned
- 4 tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large clove of garlic, pressed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 baguette, sliced into rounds and toasted
- Slice each cherry tomato into quarters and put into a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pressed garlic, salt and pepper. Add basil.
- Pour vinaigrette over tomatoes and fold in goat cheese.
- Serve with toasted baguette rounds
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
We are in love—with this toast.