If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I got the idea from a recipe in Gourmet 2 or 3 years ago. Over the years the recipe has evolved to this version. - adamnsvetcooking
Makes one dozen
- 2 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin pure
- 2 Whisked Eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 tablespoons Orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Orange zest
- 3/4 Stick of a melter butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 Warm milk
- 2 teaspoons Dry active yeast
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Non stick spray
- 1 Egg (for an egg wash)
- In a large bowl add the warm milk and dissolve the sugar in the milk. Add the yeast, and proof the yeast. Wait until the yeast starts to foam and bubble. If that doesn't happen start again.
- Mix the 2 eggs, pumping pure, melted butter, orange juice, orange zest in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients (buckwheat flour and regular flour, salt, and cinnamon).
- To the bowl with the yeast add the pumpkin mixture, mix until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mix with your hands (or a wooden spoon). The dough should be soft. Turn the soft dough on to a flowered surface, and knead the dough for 5 to 10 mins.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, turn the dough to oil the surface. Cover the dough with kitchen towel, and place in a warm drought free area. Wait for the dough to double in size (about an hour).
- After the dough has doubled in size punch the dough down. Divide the dough in half. Take one half and knead on a floured surface.
- Roll the dough about 12''. Divide the roll in 3 equal parts.
- Take one part and roll it out to about 12''. Divide into 6 equal piece. Using the palm of your hand roll the piece into 1'' balls.
- Spray a muffin tin (or cupcake pan) with the non stick spray. Place 3 of the dough balls side by side in the muffin cups. Cover with a kitchen towel. Place in a warm draft free area. Wait for the dough to double in size).
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. Whisk the left over egg to make an egg wash. Brush the tops of the rolls with the egg wash. Bake for 20 mins, until golden brown. Cool for about 10 mins. Serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner Rolls
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.
Do you haiku?