If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love to serve these rolls during the holidays. They are rich, savory, and are almost biscuit-like. —zest in the midwest
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour, plus more for kneading and adding to the yeast
- 1 package quick rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup very warm water (110 F)
- 1/2 cup brie cheese, rind removed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- Mix the yeast, water and 1 tbsp flour in a bowl. Let stand about 15 minutes, until mixture is foamy (if the mixture hasn't foamed, start over with new yeast).
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the 2 1/4 cups flour, salt, and brown sugar. Mix well with a whisk.
- Place the butter, brie cheese and half of the flour mixture in a food processor. Pulse about ten times, until cheese and butter have been well incorporated into the flour
- Pour the contents of the food processor back into the bowl with the remaining flour. Add the buttermilk and water/yeast mixture. Mix well until the contents start to form a dough. Flour a work surface and turn dough out.
- Knead until the dough becomes somewhat smooth and elastic (about 6 minutes).
- Place dough in an oiled bowl, cover with oiled plastic wrap, and let rise until doubled (about two hours).
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Beat the egg with some water in a small bowl to form an egg wash.
- Punch down dough. Form dough into small, 1 ½ inch diameter balls, and place on baking sheet. Let rise for about 20 minutes. Brush rolls with egg wash.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, until rolls are golden brown. Honey butter is certainly not a bad idea. Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner Rolls
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Beet greens can't be beat.
This month's most pinned recipes.