If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The original recipe was sweeter, and was served for brunch. I've made a twist on this by reducing the sugar and adding jalapeno and two different cheeses.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup Pecorino cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar, shredded, plus more for on top
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup chilled butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients then add the pecorino, 1/2 cup cheddar and diced peppers.
- Mix the egg and milk together and set aside.
- Shred the chilled butter, this works best if you freeze the butter stick, or cut it into 1/2 " cubes. Work the butter into the flour with a pastry cutter until it becomes crumbly.
- Add the milk and egg. Do not over mix the dough. Turn the dough out on to a floured surface. Knead the dough ten times. Form the dough into a disc about 1" thick.
- Using a floured knife, cut the disc into eight triangles. Dust off any excess flour. Transfer the triangles to the baking sheet and top with more cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner Rolls
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
This is poppin'.