If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love recipes that invite my guests to interact with their food. I also love casual-style and family-style dining. I am not at all a big fan of fancy, formal sit-down affairs. This particular recipe is relatively easy and so delicious, especially hot out of the oven. - gr8chefmb
Makes 16 servings [2 balls each serving]
- 4 1/2 teaspoons teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 3/4 cups warm water [105-110?F]
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground mixed peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground salt
- 1 1/3 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together yeast, sugar, and 1/2 cup of the warm water until the yeast and sugar are dissolved. Allow mixture to stand for 8-10 minutes, or until mixture gets bubbly.
- Place room temperature butter, eggs, brown sugar, salt, dill weed, onion powder and garlic powder into work bowl of stand mixer. Use paddle attachment to mix ingredients thoroughly. Add yeast mixture and mix well.
- Add up to 4 cups of flour in 1-cup increments, alternating with the remaining water, to the mixing bowl, incorporating well after each addition. Scrape down sides of bowl using a rubber spatula. When dough pulls away from sides of bowl, remove from mixer. Lightly dust work surface with flour and turn dough out. Knead dough for 5-8 minutes, or until dough is smooth and elastic. Transfer to a large oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place dough in a warm place and allow dough to rise until doubled in size, approximately 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface and punch down. Divide dough into 36 equally-sized balls. Cover with a clean dish towel and place in a warm place; allow to rise for 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350?F. Lightly butter two ring molds. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together bread crumbs, cheese and parsley. Dip each dough ball into melted butter and then roll in crumb mixture. Place in ring mold and repeat process, 18 balls to ring mold. When placing balls in mold, alternate placement of balls, placing one close to center, and another close to outer edge. Drizzle any remaining butter over dough and sprinkle any remaining crumb mixture over tops. Place pans into preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or just until golden brown.
- Place serving plate over pan and flip to invert and unmold bread. Serve hot.
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.