If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is Sardinian flatbread or as it is translated "sheet music" bread. It is really a lot like a cracker although I know it looks much like a tortilla. It is stiff and crackly and in the hands of the Sardinians it is multipurpose. It is simple to make and my version requires no yeast. The most difficult part of the process is rolling it out but after one or two you'll get the hang of it. BTW they are usually baked twice. Meaning this is the first time and when you are ready to eat them you bake them again usually brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with rosemary. - thirschfeld
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups semolina flour, fine grind
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of mixer and mix until it comes together and becomes elastic.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and kneed it a few times. Set it on the counter and cover it with the mixing bowl and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Place a rack in the middle of the oven and place a baking stone on the rack. If you don't have a stone you can use several parchment lined sheet tray. After the dough has rested divide the dough into 7 pieces and roll them under the palm of your hand until the becomes smooth balls of dough.
- Sprinkle the counter lightly with flour and then dip one of the balls of dough into the flour and shake off the excess.
- Using the palm of you hand flatten the dough out and then start rolling it out. Turn it 180 degrees between each roll so it becomes a long oval. Roll it as thin as you can. Using a fork dock the dough.
- Gently lift the dough and place it onto the stone and bake it for 5 minutes flipping it after 2 1/2 minutes. While it is baking roll out the next flatbread. Remove from the oven and continue baking the remaining 5 flatbreads.
What's In, What's Out
What we're obsessed with, and what we're not.
What's in, what's out.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wedding registry must haves.