Author Notes: This variation of a Hot Toddy gets an earthy citrus flavor from Peychaud's Orange Bitters, a sweet twist from the sweet vermouth and a nice round finish from the bourbon. - NWB - NWB
Food52 Review: Manhattans and Old Fashioneds are winter staples around our house. This drink, once mixed up, reminded me more of the latter than a Manhattan. I missed the sweetness usually present in a toddy, but the mister thought this version was perfect — a toddy for a non-sweet tooth. - emmanation
- 1.5 ounces good Bourbon (I like Maker's Mark)
- 3-4 dashes Peychaud's Orange Bitters
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet vermouth
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 strip of lemon zest
- 1 strip of orange zest
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Rub rim of glass with lemon and orange zest.
- Mix bourbon, bitters, and sweet vermouth in glass.
- Add hot water to bourbon mixture.
- Squeeze lemon juice into the water and bourbon and let cool for a minute before drinking.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy