If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An adult version of hot cocoa that replaces the marshmallow toppers with cognac and dark rum. This drink will keep you warm all through the winter. Yummm....I am thinking of making one now - oh wait, I am still at work. I am sure my boss will not mind if I promise to share. Just kidding ladies and gentlemen! Happy Holidays and enjoy all of the great hot toddies posted in the Annual Smackdown. —Table9
Serves 1 or 2 depending on how in need your guest is of a drink
- 4 tablespoons Processed Cocoa
- 2 tablespoons Raw Sugar
- 2 cups 2% Milk
- 1/4 cup Half and Half
- 1 teaspoon Real Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Meyers Dark Rum
- 1 teaspoon Cognac
- 1 Pinch of Freshly Grated Cinnamon
- 1 Pinch of Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Zest of Blood Orange
- 1 Blood Orange Slice for garnish
- Preheat milk and half & half in a saucepan over medium heat. Add everything else, combine. Serve in mugs with orange slice on the side rim of each glass. You can also add a cinnamon stick if you so desire.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
Put cake on a pedestal.