If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love apples and I love rum. I wanted a drink that was not too cloyingly sweet but had some real substance to it. And, I wanted it to be hot and I wanted it to look delicious. - dymnyno
- 5 apples, peeled, cored and sliced into 8 pieces each
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or more to taste)
- 16 oz dark rum (like Goslings)
- 3 cups boiling water
- egg whites, beat until fluffy
- fresh nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp butter (optional)
- Prepare the apples and put them in an large ovenproof dish.
- Pour 1 cup water and the brown sugar over them and mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until the apples are very soft (about 45 min.).
- Remove from the oven and smash the apples and juice until mostly smooth.
- Add 16 oz of dark rum and the boiling water and mix.
- Pour unto your glass or cup of choice and garnish with fluffy egg whites and grate a little nutmeg on top.
- ******before you add the egg white top, you can slip a little butter on top of the drink, if you wish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy