If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Generally I have two rules. One is don't heat your alcohol in a sauce pan if you are going to drink it and, two, never put the booze in the glass and then drop ice cubes on it, remember it is made from fruit and veggies you will bruise it. I have never seen the point in hiding or masking the flavor of alcohol, on the other hand if I can enhance it you bet I will be first in line. This toddy is for adults, remember Santa is an adult, he really doesn't want milk and cookies and he needs something to get him through the cold night. I am guessing a thermos full of this will keep the sleigh bell's jing jing jingleing and Rudolph's nose red. - thirschfeld
- 1 tablespoon vanilla orchid tea
- 1 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- 20 whole black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon sourwood honey, because it is buttery
- 2 ounces Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey
- 5 one inch thin strips of lemon zest
- boiling water, you want the water to have just stopped boiling when you pour it over the tea
- Place the tea, cinnamon, 8 of the black peppercorns and 3 strips of the zest into the basket of a 2 1/2 cup tea pot.
- Pour 2 cups of "just stopped boiling" water into the pot and set a timer for 4 minutes. At the end of the four minutes pour the tea down the drain reserving all the ingredients
- Add the honey to the pot. Now pour 2 more cups of "just stopped boiling" water over the tea ingredients and let them steep for 6 minutes.
- While the tea is steeping place one ounce each of whiskey in two 6 oz. tea cups. Add a strip of zest and 8 peppercorns to each cup.
- At the end of six minutes remove the tea ingredients from the pot and place a lid on the tea pot. Take the two tea cups and the tea pot over by the fire and pour four ounces of tea into each cup. Enjoy Christmas Eve and have a Merry Christmas to all.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy