If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Traditionally, tamagozake is a Japanese warm sake, raw whole egg and sugar drink thought to help cure a cold. It is a Japanese egg nog. My version adds fresh grated ginger, lemon, and honey while using only the egg white. I also have added spices to my version. This looks like a whole snowy mountain top in a glass, worthy of a haiku. I really like the way it tastes, too. - Sagegreen
- 1 farm fresh egg white, beaten until very fluffy
- 1-2 tablespoons milkweed honey (or other varietal of your choice) to taste
- 1 tablespoon Meyer's lemon juice
- 3/4 cup warmed sake, heated below boiling
- 1 teaspoon peeled, grated fresh ginger
- Meyer lemon peel twist wrapped around a cinnamon stick for garnish
- optional dried ground ginger or grated nutmeg and cinnamon sprinkled on top
- After beating the egg white until fluffy, mix the honey and lemon juice with it.
- Whisk in your heated sake to the egg white mixture. Stir in the fresh grated ginger.
- Pour this into your glass. Garnish with lemon peel twist wrapped along a delicate cinnamon stick. You can tuck the lemon peel at one end into a crease of the cinnamon. Sprinkle optional dried ground ginger or grated nutmeg and cinnamon on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.