Author Notes: Long Island Iced Tea is a hyper-alcoholic drink, allegedly invented here on Long Island (although there are others who claim it). It is historically credited to bartenders trying to circumvent Prohibition by creating a drink that looks and tastes like real iced tea, and to 1950's housewives mixing together a little of everything in the liquor cabinet. With a little lemon, a little honey and some hot tea, it's the best treatment I can think of for a cold winter night. - drbabs
Serves 2 (can be multiplied)
- ~1/2 ounce (~1TB) Vodka (preferably Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka )
- ~1/2 ounce (~1TB) Gin
- ~1/2 ounce (~1TB) Cointreau (or other orange-flavored liqueur)
- ~1/2 ounce (~1TB) Tequila
- ~1/2 ounce (~1TB) light rum
- 2 cups strong brewed hot tea (I use English Breakfast.)
- honey to taste
- lemon juice to taste
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Boil water and prepare tea.
- While tea is steeping, mix liquors together. You should have about 2-3 ounces total. Divide between 2 cups of tea. Taste and add honey and lemon as desired. Serve with a cinnamon stick if desired.
- Sleep tight!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy