If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Long Island Iced Tea is a hyper-alcoholic drink, allegedly invented here on Long Island (although there are others who claim it). It is historically credited to bartenders trying to circumvent Prohibition by creating a drink that looks and tastes like real iced tea, and to 1950's housewives mixing together a little of everything in the liquor cabinet. With a little lemon, a little honey and some hot tea, it's the best treatment I can think of for a cold winter night. - drbabs
Serves 2 (can be multiplied)
- ~1/2 ounce (~1TB) Vodka (preferably Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka )
- ~1/2 ounce (~1TB) Gin
- ~1/2 ounce (~1TB) Cointreau (or other orange-flavored liqueur)
- ~1/2 ounce (~1TB) Tequila
- ~1/2 ounce (~1TB) light rum
- 2 cups strong brewed hot tea (I use English Breakfast.)
- honey to taste
- lemon juice to taste
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Boil water and prepare tea.
- While tea is steeping, mix liquors together. You should have about 2-3 ounces total. Divide between 2 cups of tea. Taste and add honey and lemon as desired. Serve with a cinnamon stick if desired.
- Sleep tight!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy
Express your gratitude for sunshine.
Good day, sunshine.
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
12 Recipes for a Stress-Free Week of Cooking