- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups shredded Jack or Mexican blend cheese
- 2 to 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups salsa
- 3/4 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup Chipotles in Adobo, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Cook chicken however you desire - poach, saute, etc. Just be sure to remove skin and bones.
- Chop Garlic and Onion. Set aside
- Heat oil in a pan until it shimmers. Add onions. Cook until soft, 5-10 minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Combine sauce ingredients. Mix and add to onions and garlic. Add chicken broth and stir. Bring sauce to a boil then reduce heat and simmer about 10-15 minutes or until chickened. Stir occasionally, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Heat tortillas: Wet 3 paper towels. Lay one on a plate and place 6 tortillas on top. Cover with 2nd paper towel and lay second 6 on top. Cover with third sheet. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove thickened sauce from heat. Ladle a scoop of it into a baking dish. One at a time, take a tortilla and dip it in the sauce. Then fill the tortilla with chicken and cheese - not too full or it'll rip. Roll tortilla and place it in baking dish, seem side down. Pour rest of remaining sauce over enchiladas and top with rest of cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Serve with salsa!