Author Notes: I love seeds on my salads, whether green salads or a roasted vegetable salad. As I use them so often, I make a big batch and have them always handy. Not only are they super foods and really healthy but also they make any dish look amazing.
If you don’t want to have the trouble of toasting all the seeds, buy them already toasted.
This is my favourite mix. Keep it in a jar, handy for any occasion. - Maria Teresa Jorge
- 1 cup Slivered almonds toasted
- 3/4 cups Sunflower seeds toasted
- 3/4 cups Pumpkin seeds roasted
- 1/2 cup White Sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup Black Sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup Toasted Wheat Germ
- 1 pinch dry Chilli flakes, cut up very small
- Toast very lightly all the ingredients, except the Chilli flakes and salt.
- As soon as you have taken the seeds out of the oven, add a little salt while still warm.
- Cut up very very finely a pinch of dry Chilli flakes. Wash your hands very well when you’ve finished.
- When all the seeds are completely cold, add the Chilli Flakes and put in an airtight jar.