If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the ginger and spices in food at this time of year, and decided to try my take on a winter appletini. This will warm you up! —aussiefoodie
Warm Ginger Appletini
- 1 shot Apple liqueur
- 2 shots Vodka (to give extra apple flavor you can use Apple Vodka)
- 1 shot Ginger simple syrup
- 3 teaspoons Turkish Apple Tea Mixture
- 1 cup boiling water
- Mix the Turkish Apple Tea Mixture with the boiling water. Take two shots of the tea mixture, and pour into a small saucepan.
- Add the Apple Liqueur (I used Leopold Bros New York Sour Apple Liqueur), Vodka and ginger simple syrup to the small saucepan and mix with the 2 shots of apple tea and warm over a low heat until just warmed through (about 2 - 3 minutes). Do not bring to the boil.
- Pour into a martini glass and garnish with a slice of apple, or a piece of apple peel.
- If you want to give more ginger flavor, and less alcoholic kick, add an extra shot of ginger simple syrup to the mix.
Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1 piece fresh ginger (about 3 inches long)
- 2 cups superfine sugar
- 1 cup water
- Slice the ginger into 6 - 8 slices (no need to peel). Add the ginger, sugar and water into a small non-reactive saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat, and allow the syrup to simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes, until the liquid is clear and syrupy and the ginger has infused into the syrup.
- Remove from the heat and mix the required amount of syrup with the liquor. This makes about 2 cups of syrup, and can be stored in the refrigerator for several weeks - keep the ginger pieces in the syrup to continue to infuse the flavor while storing, but remove them when using the syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.