Author Notes: All I can say about this recipe is that a friend told me about it (loosely), I've been making it for about 30 years, people love it, and it's VERY potent so drink with caution. I like to serve these in large red wine glasses or brandy snifters so that you get a good amount of warm spiced apple juice in relation to the alcohol. - lacerise
Serves good sized crowd
- bottle of Brandy
- bottle of Tuaca
- couple of jugs of good apple juice
- # of cinnamon sticks
- palmful of allspice berries
- large grating of whole nutmeg
- good sprinkling of powdered cinnamon
- small palmful of whole cloves
- good sprinkling of powdered allspice
- small sprinkling of powdered clove
- pint or more of heavy cream
- some sugar
- Pour apple juice (for as many drinks as you'll be serving) into a large pot and add the whole and powdered spices. Heat almost to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, pour equal amounts (at your discretion) of brandy and Tuaca into large-bowled glasses. Don't be skimpy with the alcohol.
- Pour hot spiced juice into the glasses and stir to combine.
- Gently whip the heavy cream with your desired amount of sugar. It should be only lightly sweetened.
- Float the cream on top of the liquid in the glasses.
- Grate fresh nutmeg over the cream and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy