If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: All I can say about this recipe is that a friend told me about it (loosely), I've been making it for about 30 years, people love it, and it's VERY potent so drink with caution. I like to serve these in large red wine glasses or brandy snifters so that you get a good amount of warm spiced apple juice in relation to the alcohol. - lacerise
Serves good sized crowd
- bottle of Brandy
- bottle of Tuaca
- couple of jugs of good apple juice
- # of cinnamon sticks
- palmful of allspice berries
- large grating of whole nutmeg
- good sprinkling of powdered cinnamon
- small palmful of whole cloves
- good sprinkling of powdered allspice
- small sprinkling of powdered clove
- pint or more of heavy cream
- some sugar
- Pour apple juice (for as many drinks as you'll be serving) into a large pot and add the whole and powdered spices. Heat almost to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, pour equal amounts (at your discretion) of brandy and Tuaca into large-bowled glasses. Don't be skimpy with the alcohol.
- Pour hot spiced juice into the glasses and stir to combine.
- Gently whip the heavy cream with your desired amount of sugar. It should be only lightly sweetened.
- Float the cream on top of the liquid in the glasses.
- Grate fresh nutmeg over the cream and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy