If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In a nut shell, if a Buttery Nipple and brandy had a baby in the British Isles you would have this drink. The idea to use palm sugar comes from the source for the name Toddy and gives the drink a more Carmel flavor. - Punk Kin
Makes per person
Butterscotch Toddy with Baileys Foam
- 1 ounce brandy
- 2 teaspoons palm butterscotch
- 3 ounces Hot Water
- 1 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream
- 3 ounces Skim Milk
- dashes cinnamon
- Pour brandy in glass with hot water and palm butterscotch syrup and stir until butterscotch is dissolved.
- Steam baileys and skim milk as you would for a cappuccino.
- Spoon foam onto toddy and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Palm Butterscotch Sauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons Salted Butter
- 1 Half round cake of palm sugar
- 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream (not ultra-pasteurized)
- kosher salt to taste
- vanilla (optional)
- In a heavy bottomed stainless steel 2 quart saucepan, melt butter over low to medium heat. Just before butter is melted, add all palm sugar at once and stir with wooden spoon until sugar is uniformly wet. Stirring constantly to keep from burning or sticking. Right before you add the cream, the sugar should look more fluid and less like thick wet sand.
- At this point add all the cream lower heat and whisk. When liquid is uniform, turn heat back to medium and whisk every few minutes for a total of 10 minutes.
- Turn heat off and let rest till room temperature.
- Once cool whisk in the salt until desired balance of salty to sweet is reached. * Vanilla can be added during this process if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy
Tags: hot toddy