If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My wife's family has been using this recipe in Los Angeles (yeah, go figure) since the 'twenties. Best served in a fluted Lenox cup that has a holly and berries design. I have never had either a family member or guest have just one on Christmas morning! —swshipman
for the drink
- 1 ounce Dark Rum (preferably a small batch Caribbean)
- 3 Whole Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Raw Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 3/4 Pad of Salted Butter
- 1 Lemon Zest (inch long, 1/4 inch wide, no pith)
- 1 1/2 ounces Boiled Water (prefer spring, high alkaline variety)
for the drink
- Boil water on the stove
- Place the cloves, rum, and sugar in cup and gently mix; after mixing place cinnamon stick in concoction. (If possible, prepare an hour or so ahead of boiling time; but not absolutely necessary).
- Smear butter inside the cup, just above the rum.
- Pour the boiled water slowly over the butter and allow it to melt. A 'slick' should form at the top of the cup. Cinnamon stick stays in the cup at all times.
- Rim the cup with the lemon zest, then drop in the drink.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.