If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Dale DeGroff, a/k/a "The King of Cocktails," was at Belmont Park in May of 2009 to film an video on how to make Mint Juleps, for the upcoming Kentucky Derby. He signed for me a copy of his book, "The Essential Cocktail" (New York: Clarkson Potter, 2008) from whence came the basis for this Holiday Spice Butter. Did we have fun concocting a suitable toddy to go with it? You bet!! —wssmom
Holiday Spice Butter
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon each of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1/2 ounce dark rum
- 1/2 ounce light rum
- 1/2 ounce Applejack or apple brandy
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 4 ounces hot brewed apple-cinnamon herb tea
- Using a fork, blend well the spices into the softened butter. Scrape into a small crock and refrigerate while you make the toddy; if there is any left over after making a bunch of toddies, it will keep well until the next gathering.
- Combine the dark rum, light rum and brandy in a large goblet. Stir in the hot tea. Add a big teaspoon of the spice butter and stir a few times. If you feel extremely festive, garnish with a cinnamon stick. If not, drink up! And slainte!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.