Author Notes: I learned it from a French friend whose grandmother is Algerian. - pastrygirl
- 1 lamb shoulder, cut in chunks
- 2 cups cooked fava beans, white beans, or chick peas
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tomatoes, cut in chunks
- 1 bunch greens, cut in thin strips (or 2 zucchini, diced)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup small form pasta
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- If using fava beans, remove the skins.
- Brown the lamb chunks in 2 Tbsp olive oil, until dark golden.
- Add the onion and cook until golden, salt and pepper liberally. Add the paprika, and stir and cook until well caramelized.
- Add the tomatoes, cook until they have blended with the rest. Add the beans, cover with water, add 1 tsp salt, one half of the mint and one half of the cilantro. Cook about 1 hour, or until the meat is tender.
- Add the greens or zucchini and the pasta and cook 15 minutes. Serve garnished with the remaining mint and cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Paprika