If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I learned it from a French friend whose grandmother is Algerian. - pastrygirl
- 1 lamb shoulder, cut in chunks
- 2 cups cooked fava beans, white beans, or chick peas
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tomatoes, cut in chunks
- 1 bunch greens, cut in thin strips (or 2 zucchini, diced)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup small form pasta
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- If using fava beans, remove the skins.
- Brown the lamb chunks in 2 Tbsp olive oil, until dark golden.
- Add the onion and cook until golden, salt and pepper liberally. Add the paprika, and stir and cook until well caramelized.
- Add the tomatoes, cook until they have blended with the rest. Add the beans, cover with water, add 1 tsp salt, one half of the mint and one half of the cilantro. Cook about 1 hour, or until the meat is tender.
- Add the greens or zucchini and the pasta and cook 15 minutes. Serve garnished with the remaining mint and cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Paprika