If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I think one of the best aspects of a "hot toddy" is that it is enjoyed at the end of the day when you can finally relax. So I enjoy this recipe because it is so simple! I found a version of this recipe in The Hotel Limpia Cookbook. The hotel has been in Fort Davis, Texas since 1913. I changed the recipe to include more sugar, less tea bags, and a splash of rum for those nights when you really want a reward for the days work! - cowgirlculture
Makes 4 cups
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packets orange spice tea bags
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups cranberry juice (heated)
- 1 shot rum (like Malibu or Parrot Bay)
- Steep the two orange spice tea bags in the 2 cups boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and dissolve.
- Heat cranberry juice for about a minute in the microwave.
- Pour in cranberry juice to tea mixture.
- Add shot of rum. You could obviously increase the amount of rum according to the night of the week. I prefer Malibu or Parrot Bay rum.
- Divided into two big mugs or four tea cups. Garnish with a slice of orange if there is one handy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A & M's Annual Smackdown / Your Best Hot Toddy
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
Raise a (recycled) glass.