If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An amazing everything-but-the-kitchen-sink stew. I love the textures and flavors playing in this dish. A bit of a crunch, yet so creamy. Some spices, but well-rounded by the sweetness of a secret ingredient: Banana. —burp_excuzme
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 cup ground beef (or Quorn mince)
- 1 carrot, minced
- 1 cup red lentil
- 1/2 cup edamame
- chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch curry powder
- dashes salt and pepper to taste
- splashes coconut milk
- 1 handful small banana
- handfuls dried coconut (unsweetened)
- Cook garlic, onion, carrot, and Quorn mince together in a large pot or skillet, until fragrant and the vegetables are kind of soft.
- Throw in the red lentils and edamame with the broth.
- Flavor and season with vinegar, s&p, curry powder, cumin powder, garam marsala, cayenne pepper. Remember to TASTE and TEST!
- Add more broth as necessary. Bring to a boil and simmer until the lentils are all cooked through.
- Stir in coconut milk, and banana. Mix until smooth and thick. Serve with coconut sprinkled on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
The freedom to snack.