If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Salads don't have to consist of lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes. They don't have to be cold. Lettuce can be substantial, warm, and served as a main course. This salad incorporates bulgur and lentils with a few other ingredients and can be made year round. —Olga of Mango & Tomato
- 1 cup cooked bulgur
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 carrot, diced, sauteed in olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 dash smoked sea salt
- olive oil
- Combine everything in a salad bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with smoked sea salt and pepper.
- This salad is best served warm. It can be a meal in itself or accompany grilled meat, roasted chicken or steamed fish.
- Variations: you can always add red onions, roasted peppers and a few splashes of lemon juice to this salad. Use this recipe as a template and experiment with different flavors.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils
Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches
Independence Day, the frozen dessert way
Ice cream, cookies, and independence.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
This pasta's mint to be.