Author Notes: Salads don't have to consist of lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes. They don't have to be cold. Lettuce can be substantial, warm, and served as a main course. This salad incorporates bulgur and lentils with a few other ingredients and can be made year round. - Olga of Mango & Tomato
- 1 cup cooked bulgur
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 carrot, diced, sauteed in olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 dash smoked sea salt
- olive oil
- Combine everything in a salad bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with smoked sea salt and pepper.
- This salad is best served warm. It can be a meal in itself or accompany grilled meat, roasted chicken or steamed fish.
- Variations: you can always add red onions, roasted peppers and a few splashes of lemon juice to this salad. Use this recipe as a template and experiment with different flavors.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils