If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
Author Notes: From a Mediterranean restaurant. - WFO Opa
- 4 cups Broth
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 preserved lemon rinsed and pulp removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Measure the vegetable broth, lentils, onion, carrots, preserved lemon and garlic into a slow cooker pot. Stir together, cover, and set on low for 8-10 hours. At this point, the lentils should be very soft. Mash some with a fork against the side of the pot to thicken. Stir in the spinach and cilantro. Cover and continue to cook for 20 minutes longer. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with fresh pita bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils