If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Very fresh and very healthy. So many flavors in very simple appetizer salad - sweet, sour, ludicrous. The fennel is the punchline. —Cordeliah
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 a big fennel bulb
- 10 spearmint leaves
- 1/4 a red onion or one shallot
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- Bring about 6 cups of water to a boil in a pot.
- Meanwhile trim the ends of the green beans if necessary.
- Add one tablespoon of salt to the water. Add the green beans and boil for 7 min or until al-dente (soft, but still have some bite and still bright green).
- Drain and put right away in a bowl with ice water for 5 min or so. Drain again.
- Cut the green beans to very small rounds lengthwise. Put in a bowl.
- Cut the half bulb of fennel to small pieces - a bit bigger than the size of the pomegranate seeds.
- Cut the fennel to small dice. Add the fennel and the pomegranate seeds to the bowl.
- Chiffonade the mint leaves and add them as well.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and pour on the green bean mixture.
- This salad is great even after sitting in the fridge for few hours.