If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love lentil soup or stew, however you want to call it. I usually just use whatever I have around the kitchen and add it. One thing I notice about lentils is that they seem to need a bit of acid to bring out the flavor, so I've found that oranges, or clementines which are plentiful now, do the trick for me. Sometimes I add a smoked sausage or a few slices of bacon, too. —moak
- 1 cup lentil
- 1/3 cup pearled barley
- 1/2 onion, your choice of type
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, sliced how you like them
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- salt to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth (or vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented and cut in thirds
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Saute onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add carrots and saute for a few minutes more.
- Add chicken broth, then the rest of the ingredients except for parmesan and oranges. Cook on low/medium heat covered for about an hour, then add oranges.
- Serve with parmesan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lentils
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
The freedom to snack.