Author Notes: I just love making granola because it is so easy, creates a wonderful aroma that lasts for hours, and feels SOOOO good when I go to the supermarket and see how much they are charging for an itty-bitty bag that doesn't taste nearly as good as my homemade stuff. - Ordinary Blogger (Rivki Locker)
Makes 4 cups
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 dash salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups raw oats
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Melt the oil. In a small bowl,combine the oil with the maple syrup, salt and cinnamon.
- Put the oats, coconut and pecans into a large bowl. Pour the oil mixture over the oat mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the granola onto a large baking sheet and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for about 35 minutes until golden brown, stirring occasionally so all the granola bakes evenly.
- Remove from the oven and let the granola cool thoroughly before transferring to an airtight container or ziploc bag. Enjoy plain, with milk or on ice cream or yogurt.